Deadline: 28 March 2016
The Senior Human Resources Assistant will provide functional and technical guidance of end-users of UNICEF’s electronic/online Human Resources Systems in managing complex Human Resources processes and relevant personnel actions.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to SAP-HR and other online HR system users.
- Train, coach and mentor HR Assistants globally in the processing and approval of personnel actions.
- Review and approve transactions and related personnel actions.
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring the work of G5/G6 staff and; approving transactions and related personnel actions processed by them within the delegated of authority.
- Review and process requests for entitlements and exceptions to the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible for the coordination of complex personnel actions in SAP-HR and other online HR systems.
- Rescind, cancel/delete and fix actions errors before and after payroll runs.
- Coordinate with Payroll Unit.
- Ensure timely actions on staff data corrections prior to the monthly payroll cut-off dates.
- Work closely with ITSS to take corrective actions in all relevant systems.
- Propose enhancement to ensure system convergence and compliance with evolving Human Resources rules and policies.
- Liaise with ITSS on updating configurations, as well as enhancements and upgrades to Human Resources Systems.
- Responsible for testing systems to ensure that all technical and functional requirements, including compliance with Rules and Policies are met prior to moving to production systems.
- Liaise with Finance focal point.
- Ensure timely action on fixes/corrections to position records.
- Assist Supervisor with Quality Assurance.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement.
- University level courses in human resources and/or business administration is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in human resources is required.
- A completed university degree from an accredited institution (i.e. degree certificate in-hand) will be counted towards the minimum work experience requirement.
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF’S rules, regulations and procedures is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.