Deadline: 24 July 2015
The ActionAid International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Partnership Development Manager based in London or Johannesburg.
The International IPD Manager works closely with International Head of International Partnership Development assisting in the overall leadership and management of the IPD team.
AAI is an international organisation, working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
Key Job Responsibilities
The International IPD Manager will perform the following functions-
- Support Head of International Partnership Development with strategy development and implementation particularly aligning programme design to fundraising objectives and bringing a regional perspective to IPD’s five core business areas
- Overall responsibility for support to countries in developing and implementing funding plans with clear fundraising and contract management objectives
- Participate in programme development initiatives to ensure high quality offerings with strong match to the priorities of preferred donors
- Strategic coordination of multiple players in country proposal development processes (program countries, funding affiliates, IS teams, IPD, consultants)
- Representing IPD, support European funding affiliates with back donor relationship management, donor intelligence sharing, linkages with country and thematic plans, and coordinated approaches to third party donors
- Develop institutional donors relationship matrix with clear responsibilities for account managers to manage the relationships on behalf of the federation
- Lead in cultivating relationships with key institutional donors who operate and set their priorities with a regional perspective
- Contribute to the development and embedding of the programme led funding planning approach across the federation
- Provide strategic support to ensure effective systems to support high standards of contract management and compliance with minimum standards
- Play leading role in the development, roll out and maintenance of a global contract management system (interim and long term)
- Support regional coordinators in carrying out contract management quality assurance role in line with agreed policy and procedures, identifying compliance risks and recommending mitigation actions
- Collaborate with relevant Units to inform the development of an effective Monitory and Evaluation (M&E) system to help with optimum accountability to donors
- Represent IPD in cross-functional working groups and initiatives to contribute to shared agendas and secure buy-in and support for IPD strategy
- Play oversight role in development and maintenance of information systems and tools for sharing donor policies and guidelines, intelligence on funding opportunities and best practice across the federation
- Contribute to IPD core team processes including budgeting, planning, reporting, meetings, shared learning and other communication initiatives
Applicants must have-
- Minimum postgraduate degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, Political Science or other relevant discipline
- Substantial experience in senior fundraising management role(s)
- Strong technical knowledge of donor funding proposals and use of logical models like logical framework analysis
- Sound knowledge of institutional and government donors and funding policies
- Well-developed strategic planning skills with ability to develop and implement successful entrepreneurial approaches to fundraising
- Excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to build permanent relationships with donors and internal players
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with experience in external organisational representation
- Good research and analytical skills with ability to bring different strands of information together and determine their relevance for the organisation
- Excellent people leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate others towards the achievement of shared objectives
How to Apply
Applications along with CV and motivation cover letter must be submitted via email.
For more information, please visit AAI.