Deadline: 7 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Legal Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Legal Officer will ensure that the Organization’s activities are carried out in accordance with its Constitution and the other Basic Texts of the Organization.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Legal Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Review a wide range of multidiscipline and complex legal matters involving issues of international, public, private, and development law, to include interpretation and application of instruments (both substantive and procedural).
- Provide legal advice on diverse substantive and procedural questions of considerable complexity.
- Perform extensive legal research and analysis and prepares legal opinions, studies, briefs, reports, indictments and correspondence; provides legal advice to the Member Countries.
- Review and advises on and drafts complex agreements and international instruments, or legal submissions and other legal documents; develops new legal modalities to meet unique needs/circumstances.
- Coordinate with and contributes to the work of relevant Strategic Programmes and FAO Technical Units at Headquarters and in Decentralized Offices in order to ensure best synergies between legal, policy and governance related work in support to member countries.
- Serve on various standing boards, committees, ad hoc working groups and task forces, as required; promotes the work of LEGN and represents the organization in meetings, conferences, seminars, etc.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in Law.
- Seven years of relevant legal experience in fisheries and aquaculture including working with regional fishery bodies and in developing countries.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in legal and institutional aspects of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture governance and management.
- Extent and relevance of experience in carrying out legal research and analysis involving considerable complexity.
- Extent and relevance of experience in writing clear and concise reports and in preparing legal texts (legislative and regulatory instruments).
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Russian, Arabic or Chinese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit FAO.