Deadline: 4 November 2015
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Reporting Associate, based in New York, USA.
UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Reporting Associate will perform the following functions-
- Develop UNDP mid-year, annual and thematic reports in addition to donors’ reports according to agreed upon templates and forms (write-up, analysis, progress on indicators, success stories);
- Develop monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports to reflect progress and achievements of UNDP programmes in Syria;
- Contribute to the development of programmes and activities’ indicators with concerned UNDP staff and present results accordingly;
- Ensure adequate communication with the programme team to collect necessary information;
- Ensure communication with UNDP field offices on reporting requirements and collection of needed focusing on results-based reporting;
- Support the Early Recovery specialist in collecting and presenting relevant data on early recovery and livelihoods needs and priorities and support the project proposals development necessary for resource mobilization efforts;
- Develop the UNDP and donors’ fact sheets based on the information collected from the field;
- Prepare situation reports on particular focus/thematic areas (such as disability, female-headed households, youths) to be used for planning, advocacy and resource mobilization purposes;
- Support the development and documentation of UNDP and donors’ success stories;
- Participate in field visits, meeting with partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries in order to capture progress of activities in the field and identify success stories;
- Develop case studies based on successful implementation of UNDP’s thematic field interventions for learning and replication purposes.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree in social studies, law, development planning and management and/or other related field;
- Four years of experience with practical experience in reporting, editing and research;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic – with the capacity to write to a high standard in both English and Arabic;
- Excellent writing skills with a strong aptitude for writing analytical and results based reports.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.