Deadline: 12 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Evaluation Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Compose and manages project evaluation teams.
- Support evaluations of programmes, programme components or cluster of projects.
- Support lead evaluators in the preparation of evaluation reports and related materials.
- Assist with the organization and preparation of meetings, missions, workshops and other events.
- Keep abreast of methodological developments in evaluation, and contributes to the development of evaluation methodologies and tools.
- Liaise and collaborates with other units of the Organization with a view to promoting results-based and evaluation culture, and enhanced learning from evaluations.
- Liaise and collaborates with the evaluation units of other United Nations organizations as well as professional evaluation bodies.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in evaluation, agriculture, social and economic development or related fields.
- Three years of relevant experience in supporting, designing, planning and/or conducting development evaluations.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, designing, planning and managing development evaluations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in using innovative evaluation methodologies.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese,
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit FAO.