Deadline: 6 April 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Evaluation Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Evaluation Specialist will provide operational support to ensure lessons from evaluations are incorporated in project design and country strategy formulation, and improve the quality of projects.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Deliver assignments independently and as part of a team in a combination of the following broad outcome areas:
- Conduct evaluation studies which include: performance evaluations and validations of completed ADB project completion reports in infrastructure, particularly for energy sector, and public sector management; technical assistance (TA) evaluations; thematic evaluation studies; and sector program assessments for country assistance program evaluations.
- Contribute in the development, pilot testing and adoption of innovative methodologies to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of ADB’s policies and strategies, lending operations and knowledge based products.
- Conduct peer reviews of draft evaluations prepared by staff of the Independent Evaluation Department (IED).
- Prepare syntheses of evaluation findings and assist in their dissemination.
- Comment on draft lending, grant and non-lending project documents; operational policies, procedures, and country partnership strategies and plans to improve the quality of new projects, design and monitoring framework follows established guidelines, proposed monitoring and evaluation systems are robust, project economics is sound, and the likelihood of project sustainability is strong.
- Ensure that findings of independent evaluations are incorporated in design, with particular focus on operations in support of infrastructure, particularly for energy sector, and public sector management.
- Review and provide advice on proposed operational policies, procedures, and country strategy and operational programs of ADB in light of evaluation findings and development contexts.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Development Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Finance, Engineering, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- University degree in these fields combined with specialized experience in similar organizations may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in operational, economic, social, and administrative aspects of developing economies and/or project preparation, appraisal, management, and evaluation in the areas of infrastructure, particularly in energy sector, and public sector management.
- Proven good performance and working experience in the operations of multilateral development and financing agencies, with experience in all phases of the project cycle, undertaking policy dialogue, programming and strategy preparation in respective sectors.
- International experience working in several developing countries and international development institutions.
- Proven application of expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Strong analytical skills to conceptualize and evaluate complex development issues and problems and to carry out effective economic and financial analyses as well as aptitude toward applied research.
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.