Deadline: 17 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Supporting the development, implementation and adjustment of an effective Monitoring and Evaluation for Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Framework covering (a) LIFT as a whole; (b) LIFT regional programmes; and (c) projects supported by LIFT.
- Supporting the different LIFT Programmes in the design and implementation of their MEAL systems at programme and project level, including the development and adjustment of Theories of Change, Evaluation and Learning Questions, and data collection and analysis processes.
- Assisting with the design and management of project reviews and evaluations.
- Conducting project field visits to review MEAL systems and data quality.
- Designing, managing and overseeing LIFT surveys and special studies.
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned by the Fund Board or UNOPS.
- Assist the international M&E officer in the development and testing of M&E tools, approaches and databases as part of the LIFT MEAL system.
- In collaboration with the Communications Unit, assist in the development and maintenance of a LIFT knowledge management system.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of all issues relevant to monitoring and evaluation of livelihood and food security activities in Myanmar.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Team’s work plans and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or as and when required by the Fund Director.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A Master degree in social sciences, statistics or related fields is required.
- Additional two years of similar experience with a Bachelor Degree is considered as equivalent.
- Additional studies in community development, M&E and/or research design and methodologies are desirable.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience working with M&E systems and processes with international development programs is required.
- Strong M&E/research design skills, including overall design approaches as well as the design of data collection methods and instruments, will be considered an advantage.
- Strong data management skills, including the use and maintenance of databases would be an advantage.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, including the use of relevant analytical software programs, such as SPSS or STATA, are highly desirable.
- Experience working with rural development projects and in the area livelihoods and food security is preferable.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Previous successful involvement with, and good knowledge of UN, NGOs and civil society would be an advantage.
- Strong skills in using computer software programs, including WORD, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.