The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Director in Zambia.
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Director will lead, coordinate and guide monitoring, evaluation and research activities across all of Jhpiego Zambia’s programs.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Director will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide leadership to Jhpiego/Zambia’s MER Unit, coordinating activities and guiding staff members in the Unit to produce high quality program monitoring and evaluation and research.
- Identify opportunities for publication, reporting or presentation for Jhpiego Zambia programs, and link program staff with opportunities.
- Mentor writing of abstracts among program staff; assist in the production of manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications with a variety of authors from Jhpiego Zambia office; assist in writing and reviewing technical reports.
- Support all Jhpiego program staff in abstract writing and monitor abstract submission and acceptance for the country office.
- Through supervision and direct support, provide technical input into all stages of research and program evaluation conducted by Jhpiego Zambia.
- Together with MER Unit, ensure successful implementation of program MER strategies and frameworks and prompt and high quality reporting of program results.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, program staff and the MER Unit, support development of proposals or other business development opportunities.
- Lead, coordinate and support program staff and MER officers to design and implement viable operations research and program evaluations.
- Lead, coordinate and mentor people within the MER Unit to ensure effective teamwork and professional development / career pathway.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in public health or a social science with specialization in international health or equivalent experience, PhD preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in public health programs.
- Strong technical skills across a range of research and monitoring approaches, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, SAS, Stata, MS Access.
- In-depth understanding of evolving international health priorities and donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact and reporting.
- Understanding of performance improvement and training techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience in the international health program development field, especially with international and U.S. donor agencies and private sector foundations.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel up to 30% and interact professionally in challenging environments.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.