The Research & Evaluation Manager will play a key role in this mission by overseeing a growing portfolio of program evaluations and research projects, all of which are focused on key questions related to the planned scale-up of the national CHW program.
LMH saves lives in the world’s most remote villages.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research & Evaluation Manager will perform the following functions-
- Lead the design, field implementation, and quality assurance of new and ongoing surveys designed to measure the impact of the Last Mile program.
- Lead and coordinate data analysis efforts involving multiple analysts, author findings reports, and disseminate results amongst internal team members.
- Manage one full-time team member (Data Analyst) and two part-time team members (Special Projects Officer, R&E Coordinator), as well as occasional short-term volunteers and research assistants.
- Design and implement qualitative assessments to add in-depth data to quantitative surveys and increase the relevance and effectiveness of our programs.
- Provide general research and evaluation capacity-building to the broader RM&E team.
- Work together with the Director of RM&E, RM&E Senior Technical Advisors, and organizational leadership to plan and execute on our research agenda and publish findings in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director of Monitoring and the Quality & Innovation Team to ensure that RM&E systems align with the needs of the CHW program and identify opportunities for improving patient care through programmatically relevant analysis and research.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate degree in a relevant field, such as public health, required (bachelor’s degree considered for outstanding candidates).
- At least two years’ experience conducting research and/or evaluation activities in a global health context.
- Experience with quantitative methods, including study design and programmatic evaluation, required.
- Significant experience with data analysis or working with statistical software required, with Stata preferred.
- Experience with the implementation and analysis of complex sample surveys, preferred.
- Research experience, including writing high-quality research publications and disseminating results to various stakeholders, required.
- Experience leading and coordinating data analysis teams preferred.
- Commitment to health and social justice, and to the mission of Last Mile Health.
- Generosity of spirit, sensitivity, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the mission.
- Comfort working with a casual but high-performing team.
- Willingness and ability to internationally, if needed, up to 15% time.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resume, letter of interest, and three professional references through online process.
For more information, please visit LMH.