Deadline: 2 April 2016
The Chief of Operations will be responsible for the management of cost effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country’s programmes.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Operations will perform the following functions-
- Manage and ensures the effective, equitable and efficient operations of the office’s finance, human resource and administrative systems to support and facilitate the attainment of programmatic goals and objectives by meeting changing operational requirements.
- Ensure effective operations that promote gender sensitivity and gender parity. Advises management and assists in establishing new offices, if required.
- As a technical professional and senior manager, provides accurate and social policy interpretation and organizational policies and procedures in the management of finance and administrative functions through the provision of technical leadership and operational guidance to the country office.
- Contribute to global and regional strategic planning and policy changes/formulation on operational matters as necessary.
- Provide technical input to contribute to the establishment of operational guidelines in close coordination with the Head of Office, the Regional Operations Officer and DFAM.
- Implement the effective communication, training, roll-out, monitoring and evaluation of new operational initiatives, guidelines and procedures.
- Safeguard the financial resources entrusted to the office by advising on and/or managing financial assets, financial planning and cash management activities and by recommending improvements to the financial and administrative management systems and procedures.
- Accountable for fiduciary integrity/responsibility for funds and assets taking decision on all operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective and transparent utilization of resources through knowledge and technology transfer between offices and consistency of approaches.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or financial management.
- Membership – or enrolled for membership – in a recognized professional accountancy body desirable.
- Ten years of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and international work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, administration supply and procurement related fields.
- Work experience in emergency duty stations.
- Fluency in French required.
- Fluency in English highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.