Deadline: 4 April 2016
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistic and Procurement Assistant in Mytilene, Greece.
The Logistic and Procurement Assistant will be responsible to support the logistic manager in overall logistic and procurement services for the projects in DRC Greece.
DRC is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, by fulfilling its mandate of providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistic and Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Help to process procurement according to DRC policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded.
- Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works.
- Ensure the warehouse management, alerts when the consumables need to be replenished.
- Ensure the correct documentation of the asset movements on field site is updated in the asset list.
- Help to prepare monthly/quarterly reports by: updating inventory lists, stock report, and procurement tracking sheet and update the project on procurement status report.
- Assist in acquisition and maintenance of transport services as per DRC policy and ensure that all hired fleet is well coordinated.
- Ensure all logistical office and guesthouse needs are covered.
- Other duties as May assigned by the Logistics Manager.
Applicants must have-
- Relevant university degree.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel…).
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written in English and Greek.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in Lesvos is a plus.
- NGO experience preferred.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision and able to work well under pressure.
- Driving license holder.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Nationality of Greece.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.