Deadline: 5 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Logistics Associate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the coordination of different logistics activities undertaken by UNOPS within the GFATM cooperation framework to ensure that client’s need are satisfactorily met.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Assisting and supporting the coordination of different logistics activities undertaken by UNOPS within the GFATM cooperation framework under Round 9 grant for Myanmar grant to ensure that client’s need are satisfactorily met.
- Travelling to the States/Regions/Townships to monitor the storage practices being followed by SRs, provide feedback to SRs and take all steps to improve the supply chain system in the country.
- Assist the Logistics team in managing the Logistics component of Supply Chain.
- Liaise with the SRs logistics teams and to inform them on the shipping dates and ETA of goods.
- Liaise and coordinate with Freight forwarders and Transport Companies.
- Liaise and coordinate with the SRs Logistics teams for the issuing of custom duty exemption documents to the custom clearing agent.
- Prepare delivery notes and any other documents needed for certification purpose.
- Maintain inventory and logistics related documents and files.
- Draft letters for dispatch to SRs related to Logistics & Supply Chain Management.
- Assist in organizing & coordinate trainings for the logistics unit of SRs.
- Assist the logistics & procurement unit with regards to operational tasks such as inventory security, delivery & receipt of goods, materials etc.
- Check and ensure stores and equipment are being well maintained and that the supplies are stored safely, securely and properly.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Secondary education diploma or equivalent is required.
- A University degree in pharmacy or science field and professional training in business / Commerce, economics, international relations, Purchasing & Supplies or related fields would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in logistics & procurement is required, preferably in pharmaceutical/health sector.
- Basic knowledge of international pharmaceutical Logistics and supply systems would be significant asset.
- Knowledge of Good storage and Distribution Practices established by the World Health Organization is desirable.
- At least 1 year of logistics/ Inventory background is required.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations, particularly UNOPS procurement procedures a great advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.