Deadline: 11 April 2016
The Operations Assistant will provide supply and procurement-related and admin assistance to the Operations Section.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Review all itineraries of travel requests for budgetary provisions, undertakes travel arrangements for domestic and international travel for all staff, visitors, temporary assistance and counterparts, (i.e., tickets, visas, hotels, DSA).
- Draft and closes travel authorizations in VISION and prepares DSA calculation sheet Briefs staff on all policies and procedures covering official and entitlement travel.
- Coordinate and represents UNICEF in the procurement of travel agency services under the common services agreement with cooperating UN agencies, funds and programmes.
- Support updating inventory items according to IPSAS-related reporting requirements.
- Act as Secretary for PSB and takes follow up actions.
- Conduct annual inventory of office property and other physical assets.
- Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative issues within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Draft operations-related requisitions and parks invoices.
- Maintain the office archives and ensures adequate filing for admin and supply issues.
- Arrange flow of daily transport requests and maintains office stationery.
- Arrange office meetings/workshops.
- Assist arriving and departing staff/volunteers on basic administrative procedures (visa, stay permit, registration etc).
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by university degree in business administration, economics, accounting and finance, marketing, social sciences or related field, with specialized training in administration and operations management, knowledge and experience of IPSAS.
- 5 years of experience progressively responsible experience in the area of admin, supply, logistics, purchasing, procurement, contracting or related field.
- Computer knowledge of and experience working with MS Office programs required.
- Prior experience and familiarity with an international organization is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mongolian required.
- Nationality of Mongolia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.