Deadline: 19 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Procurement Officer will perform procurement activities related to the preparation of tender documents, draft and finalization of contracts or Purchase orders for goods, work or services for FAO headquarters and the decentralized offices.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that procurement activities comply with FAO’s established policies and procedures and reflect best practice for public procurement.
- Support monitoring through analysis of reports. Identifies variances and/or compliance issues and makes recommendations.
- Participate in the development of improved work methods and procedures.
- Collaborate in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of training workshops/seminars etc.
- Participate on special project/work teams.
- Drafts tender documents, contracts, purchase orders and general correspondence.
- Reviews the technical and financial offers; participates in meetings with stakeholders as necessary.
- Respond to requests for assistance during tendering process from managers and staff at HQ and the Decentralized.
- Office makes recommendation on best course of action and approves obligations as per delegated level of authority.
- Participate in the market and suppliers research.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Law, Business, Administration, Economics, Public Administration or Commerce or a related field.
- A first level university degree, Bachelors’ degree or equivalent, may also be considered if possessing two additional years of relevant work experience.
- Three years of relevant experience in procurement-related activities.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and contract-related issues including reviewing, preparing and drafting contractual instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to draft documents and material in English is considered a strong asset.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.