Deadline: 10 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Working with concerned stakeholders on procurement needs, providing technical support on specifications, cost implications and logistics for safe delivery both externally and internally.
- Evaluating submissions to ensure technical compliance with needs and cost-effective purchase of goods and services.
- Ensuring all procurement actions are conducted according to UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and the applicable policies and procedures as well as the highest degree of personal and professional ethics.
- Full compliance of procurement activities of the project in accordance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Analysis and evaluation of the requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
- Analyze specific procurement requirements and develop related procurement strategies.
- Review and certify submissions to LCPC/HQCPC (Contracts and Procurement Committee).
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Development and management of rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier’s selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Organization of training for national procurement staff.
- Organization of training for government staff on procurement as required.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field required.
- First level University Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in procurement is required with a master degree, and 2 additional years of experience will be required for candidates who only have a Bachelor degree.
- Knowledge of UN/UNOPS procurement and financial rules and regulations is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN Financial and Regulations is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.