Deadline: 14 April 2016
The Associate Programme Officer will be responsible for maintaining and improving SDM’s relationship with current external stakeholders and partners and for establishing new ones to strengthen the use of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Joint Implementation (JI).
UNFCCC as a framework for international cooperation to combat climate change by limiting average global temperature increases and the resulting climate change, and coping with impacts that were, by then, inevitable.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Supporting the design and delivery of work programmes to encourage and improve stakeholder involvement and more active participation:
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Design and implement practitioner workshops on different technical aspects of the CDM and JI processes.
- Conducting research and analysis of stakeholder inputs and DOE/AIE performance:
- Identify, evaluates and reports on emerging issues in the understanding and correct application of requirements established by the CDM Executive Board and Joint Implementation Supervisory Committee.
- Prepare inputs, documents and presentations to support the relevant activities and decision making of the programme.
- Developing proposals for improvements to existing requirements and/or creation of additional tools and guidelines:
- Design appropriate measurement systems, fosters their adoption to improve the mechanism and monitors and measures their implementation.
- Propose changes in the framework of regulations and standards based on research conducted and assessment of the implementation of the existing framework.
- Supporting and monitoring the implementation of appropriate, dedicated channels of communication for key stakeholders, in particular representatives of DOEs/AIEs:
- Respond as the initial contact point to requests for clarification, replying to unsolicited submissions and assessing requests for deviation from approved methodologies and registered project documentation.
- Communicate with governmental and non-governmental officials; provides authoritative guidance and technical support as well as fostering cooperation.
- Performing any other job-related activity required to achieve the goals and objectives of the secretariat.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- A university degree in engineering, communications, economics, international relations, law, politics, public policy, or a related field.
- A post-graduate degree either completed or in progress.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in policy analysis, governmental relations, or other area of work relevant to the duties of the position, including hands-on experience from operating/supporting market mechanisms.
- Familiarity with market based mechanisms/approaches.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written).
- Working knowledge of another official UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNFCCC.