Deadline: 31 March 2016
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programmes in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Head of Programmes will lead the implementation and management of DRC Programmes according to the DRC Turkey Programmes strategy.
DRC is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, by fulfilling its mandate of providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Programmes will perform the following functions-
- Develop the DRC Turkey Programme Strategy.
- Participate in preparation and finalization of strategic documents, annual reviews etc.
- Provide strategic leadership for the projects.
- Plan, coordinate, follow up and ensure timely and quality implementation of the program activities with Program Managers, per donor and DRC guidelines.
- Identify and support new projects and partnerships and its development.
- Launch new projects and ensure smooth handover to project managers when recruited.
- Unify approaches between programs in different geographical areas.
- Coordinate emergency response and develop/update Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan.
- Organize the Programme Monthly meeting in other to discuss with PM the orientation of the programmes, and feed the SMT meeting.
- Recruit, supervise, train, guide, support, monitor and evaluate the expat and national staff in charge of the program’s activities.
Applicants must have-
- A university degree with development studies, international humanitarian law, humanitarian or human rights studies, sociology, psychology, protection, or other related field.
- At least 8 years of international relevant professional human experience with an international humanitarian aid organization, in complex emergencies, with exposure to targeted assistance, protection and/or community services programming.
- At least 4-5 years in an international managerial position (strong managerial skills required).
- Extensive practical experience working with all steps of the project cycle management (needs assessments, proposal writing and development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluating).
- Solid experience with managing an office, and managing/capacity building both national and expatriate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and team and external relation.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken are essential, and working knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish is a strong advantage.
- Previous DRC experience is a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with EU-ECHO, DFID, UNHCR and US donor guidelines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.