Deadline: 14 April 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Management Advisor in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Program Management Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice to the Representation on strategic program management and operational planning, programming, budgeting, resource coordination and mobilization, and other managerial aspects to improve the delivery of the technical cooperation; facilitate, elaborate and monitor Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), as well as agreements on technical cooperation with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and strategic partners, at the international and national levels to address national public policies and plans.
- Apply the tools and systems for operational planning, and support the implementation of the planning, programming, budgeting and resource coordination processes through an entity wide participatory process.
- Implement the results-based management framework and develop the managerial tools to ensure the achievement of expected results by the Country Office.
- Collaborate in the preparation, negotiation, implementation and monitoring of extra budgetary projects and resource coordination and mobilization.
- Collaborate in the planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of country cooperation projects.
- Maintain effective partnership with all project stakeholders to exchange critical and technical information and resolve program/project implementation issues to ensure results are achieved as planned.
- Maintain direct communication with national and international counterparts and other financial-technical organizations, facilitating the strategic mapping of the sector, alignment and harmonization through collaboration among organizations.
- Develop coordination mechanisms for monitoring of gaps towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- Analyze and update information regarding key social actors in the health area, regarding trends and variations in policies, strategies, and actions for the better fulfillment of national health policies, as well as the regional and global agendas.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A university degree in one of the health or social sciences and a master’s degree in public health, health administration, business, economics, management or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- Nine years of combined national and international experience in the areas of health planning, project management, monitoring and evaluation, including experience in strategy formulation and strategic resource allocation.
- Experience should also include negotiating and coordinating actions involving several institutions or partners.
- Experience in technical project management in the social fields, preferably health project management requiring coordination among different institutions, national and international, including government authorities would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of French with a working knowledge of Spanish or English.
- Knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.