Deadline: 6 April 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Management Support Officer in Afghanistan.
The Program Management Support Officer will be responsible to support the regional and the national coordination team, to analyze programming and produce high quality donor reports and proposals and contribute to internal learning process.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Management Support Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure timely submission of high quality donor reports to the donor or the AKF National Programme Office (NPO) in Kabul.
- Ensure quality of all external documents.
- Coordinate the regional team in the preparation of new proposals to donors; lead the process of proposal writing for submission to the national team.
- Monitor and identify concerns / challenges of the regional program progress, attitude, and approaches, and ensure that issues relevant to them are effectively and appropriately addressed.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of programmatic approaches and methods to facilitate internal and external engagement.
- Support review of programme progress against yearly planning.
- Facilitate regular and consistent meetings with finance managers to monitor spending against grants.
- Assist the Regional Director with programmatic support as directed, including areas such as the yearly budgeting and planning exercise.
- Support the Regional team on cross-cutting programmatic issues such as gender equality, evaluation, learning and research (ERLU) and the Takhar Development Forum.
- Ensure that AKDN maintains current intelligence on stakeholders operating within the region.
- Support the Regional Director and sector heads in strategic engagement with donors and other NGOs.
- Maintain regional Grant Management Information System, logical framework, Yearly Planning of Operations (YPO), and project overviews.
- Ensure that management, finance and relevant sector heads are provided with grant information.
- Mentor the Program Support Officer (PSO) in the Takhar regional office as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and at least two years relevant experience.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to critically analyze and provide constructive recommendations.
- Good team player with ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Willingness to live and work in a remote, isolated environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit AKDN.