Deadline: 6 April 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Management Support Officer in Afghanistan.
The Program Management Support Officer will be responsible to support the regional and the national coordination team, to analyze programming and produce high quality donor reports and proposals and contribute to internal learning process.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Management Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure timely submission of high quality donor reports to the donor or the AKF National Programme Office (NPO) in Kabul.
- Ensure quality of all external documents.
- Coordinate the regional team in the preparation of new proposals to donors; lead the process of proposal writing for submission to the national team.
- Monitor and identify concerns / challenges of the regional program progress, attitude, and approaches, and ensure that issues relevant to them are effectively and appropriately addressed.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of programmatic approaches and methods to facilitate internal and external engagement.
- Support review of programme progress against yearly planning.
- Facilitate regular and consistent meetings with finance managers to monitor spending against grants.
- Assist the Regional Director with programmatic support as directed, including areas such as the yearly budgeting and planning exercise.
- Support the Regional team on cross-cutting programmatic issues such as gender equality, evaluation, learning and research (ERLU) and the Takhar Development Forum.
- Ensure that AKDN maintains current intelligence on stakeholders operating within the region.
- Support the Regional Director and sector heads in strategic engagement with donors and other NGOs.
- Maintain regional Grant Management Information System, logical framework, Yearly Planning of Operations (YPO), and project overviews.
- Ensure that management, finance and relevant sector heads are provided with grant information.
- Mentor the Program Support Officer (PSO) in the Takhar regional office as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and at least two years relevant experience.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to critically analyze and provide constructive recommendations.
- Good team player with ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Willingness to live and work in a remote, isolated environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.