Deadline: 11 April 2016
Open Society Foundations (OSF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Specialist in Tunis, Tunisia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Program Specialist will be responsible for providing programmatic and administrative support for Arab Regional Office’s work around economic development and socioeconomic rights.
The OSF works to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Supporting programmatic efforts by conducting a wide range of activities related to the grant making process and/or analytical work in support of field development, advocacy, regional consultations, and integrative activities.
- Conducting research and synthesizing large amounts of data/information to be used in decision-making, strategy development, and evaluation of the grants portfolio or other program processes.
- Designing and carrying-out field scans and ongoing field monitoring.
- Analyzing grant proposals (including budget analysis), designing grants (type of support, degree of flexibility, duration, payment structure, reporting/learning expectations, etc.) and drafting grant recommendations.
- Partnering closely with program administration staff to ensure efficient flow of grants processing and other similar information.
- Developing the concept, agenda, key players, etc. for convening’s, research initiatives, and advocacy efforts.
- Contributing to assessment of organizations. Primary responsibility for the assessment of organizational finances and budgets (including grant budgets).
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, international development, or equivalent experience/education; graduate degree desirable.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role.
- Knowledge on issues of economic development and socioeconomic rights in Tunisia.
- Grant making skills would be an asset.
- Highly skilled in researching, processing large amounts of information, and analyzing its importance in informing Open Society Foundations programs and strategies.
- Demonstrated consistent respect for others’ opinions, listens well, and responds to colleagues with awareness and sensitivity to cultural communication differences.
- Ability to work constructively with colleagues at all levels in the hierarchy of the organization as well as with external partners.
- Strong commitment to open society values of rights, justice, governance, human dignity, and democratic practice.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applicants through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit OSF.