Deadline: 29 March 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Tarawa, Kiribati. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Supervise the national SGP team members and provide necessary guidance and coaching.
- Promote and maintain a suitable environment for teamwork within the SGP team, the National Steering Committee members, and with the UNDP CO team.
- Prepare annual work plan, including strategic and/or innovative initiatives to be undertaken/explored and set delivery and co-financing targets.
- Set annual performance parameters and learning objectives for the SGP team, assess their performance and provide feedback.
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with key partners and stakeholders, and keep CPMT, UNOPS and UNDP CO informed as appropriate.
- Report on annual performance and results through the matrixes management system of the annual SGP Performance and Results Assessment (PRA), with inputs of CPMT, UNDP CO, UNOPS, and National Steering Committee chair.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders, advocate SGP policies, comparative advantages and initiatives, and ensure visibility.
- Assess programme interest and priorities of key donors and other development partners, develop SGP advocacy campaigns and develop/update the SGP Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Identify opportunities and areas eligible for GEF-SGP support, and mobilize resources from the Government, donors and other partners to best leverage the GEF-SGP resources.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (5-6 years) in Environmental field, Environmental Economics, Business Administration, or similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in development work, which should include programme management, preferably with specialized experience in any of the GEF-SGP focal areas at the national level.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Proficiency in standard computer software (word-processing, excel, presentations, databases and internet).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.