Deadline: 12 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Monrovia, Liberia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager will be the key in country focal point for the Cities Alliance Programme in Liberia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Lead the daily supervision of various short term international consultants and long term national personnel.
- Preparation of annual work plans with performance targets and budgets to ensure alignment of resources to Programme goals for CA Secretariat approval. The work plans submitted to the CA will cover both the technical components of the Programme as well as its management and administration, and clearly define indicators and targets for activities, as well as input of staff, short-term technical assistance and other resources.
- Provide management support for all aspects of Programme implementation according to the annual work plan of the Programme, ensuring targeted achievement of expenditures, delivery of activities and outputs.
- Represent the CA and its Programme within the country and will engage with a wide range of national, local government, international development, private sector and civil society actors.
- Ensure the Programmer’s Steering Committee has a functioning TOR and meets on at minimum on a quarterly basis to assess progress and risks.
- Ensure a clear line of communication between the Programme and the Steering Committee which will receive quarterly highlight reports as per the activities and outputs of the various stages of the Programme.
- Research and draft concept notes, proposals, project documents and related documentation in support of Programme development.
- Organization of all Programmes related meetings and events, including but not limited to Steering Committee meetings and workshops.
- Regular liaison with stakeholders, donors, partners and other relevant Programme stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in management, urban planning, international development or environmental studies; economics; social sciences; or related disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree: a minimum of nine years of professional programme management and reporting experience.
- Advanced/master’s degree: a minimum of seven years of professional programme management and reporting experience.
- Experience in managing complex multi partner technical assistance grant processes and projects.
- Background in delivering technical assistance projects in related fields.
- Substantial experience in developing, implementing and monitoring project documents in the broad thematic area.
- Technical experience in urban planning, management, local governance, housing, slum upgrading, land, and climate resilient development.
- Experience managing teams including monitoring, verifying work packages and applying results based performance indicators.
- Experience working with UN agencies and/or other multilateral development institutions desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.