Deadline: 23 March 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project and Research Assistant in Beijing, China. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project and Research Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide general administrative support, maintain and update files/records.
- Assist the administration and monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine administration aspects of service delivery.
- Assist the preparation of project work plans and ensure implementation of the planned envisaged activities.
- Drafting of project communications, documentation, reports and contracts, checking documents for accuracy and compliance with UNOPS format and style.
- Support reports and project briefs development in close consultation with the project director/senior officers.
- Provide support with business promotion implementation.
- Provide support to the process of industry research activities.
- Assist to modify and adapt an appropriate implementation strategy in coordination with the project director/senior officers.
- Produce concise regular updates and write report briefs for the project director/senior officers (implementation progress, situational updates, and operational requirements).
- Draft routine correspondence, reports and other documents; research and compile background materials for reports, briefings, etc.
- Perform other activities or temporary assignments as required.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school or High School Diploma is required.
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, International Relations, or other relevant discipline would be a distinct asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience (with a high school diploma) in project development is required, preferably with focus on finance, risk management, monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Experience in Industrial Development context and/or market.
- Good industry background in sectors of investment, health, VC fund, incubator, innovation, and a strong research capability is a plus.
- Working experience under UN system, government and NGOs is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.