Deadline: 5 April 2016
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Yemen.
The WASH Specialist will be responsible for the development of the Core Competencies (CC) within the Yemen programme.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop CC strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies.
- Contribute to identifying funding opportunities, and develop and revise funding proposal, budget and donor reports.
- Responsible for following up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, and ensure high technical quality and synergies.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist.
- Ensure key learning is extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities. Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Play a proactive role in integrating WASH CC strategy with other CC strategies (namely Food Security, Shelter, Education and ICLA) to ensure maximum impact.
- Represent NRC in WASH cluster and concerned technical fora in Yemen.
- Explore and develop strategic partners contributing to quality and scaling up of programmes.
- Guide and support field staff in effective on-going monitoring on project outcomes/impacts, and render technical advice for fine-tuning plans/modalities where required.
- Ensure learning from WASH programme is captured, consolidated and disseminated, contributing to knowledge building and sharing within Yemen and globally to influence policies and programme planning.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in relevant areas: civil engineering, environmental engineering, etc; master’s qualification in related area an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of emergency WASH experience in a complex/protracted humanitarian context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Solid experience in emergency WASH programming, particularly in working in complex fragile state (working in contexts which have experienced displacement as well as longer term water scarcity).
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.