Application Deadline: 31 Jan 2013
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) requires applications for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. Job location is Nairobi, Kenya. Fluency both in oral and written English is required. Initial contract period is of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies and strategies.
- Ensuring quality and accountability of monitoring.
- Information Management.
- Provision of support to the Clusters.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the overall effectiveness and success of OCHA interventions and activities in providing Humanitarian assistance. Effective implementations of evaluation policies and strategies, as well as efficient organization and coordination of the evaluation process, enhance the organization’s capacity and credibility in implementation of highly effective programmes with strong impact.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related social sciences.
- 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Experience with new monitoring tools such as remote call monitoring, aerial photography, SMS campaign, mobile money monitoring, biometry will be an asset
- Previous experience in Humanitarian Coordination and thorough knowledge of the cluster system will be an asset
- Language Requirements: Fluency both in oral and written English.
For more information visit this link.