Application Deadline : 23 Jan 2013
Starting Date : 28 Feb 2013 (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) requires applications from the eligible candidates for the post of Experts On Gender And environment, Climate Change And Sustainable Development : Establishment of Long-Term Aggrements , 8 Multiple Positions. This is Home-based job and the duration of initial contract is up to 2 years. Fluency in spoken and written English is required and Knowledge of other UN official languages will be an asset.
• Master’s degree or above in gender equality, climate change adaptation and mitigation, natural resource management, economics, sustainable forestry/agriculture, REDD+, energy, health, disaster risk reduction, sustainable development, or a related field.
• At least seven years of experience in an international development project context working on issues of gender equality and at least one other related theme that includes climate change, sustainable development, economic growth, poverty, natural resource management, climate finance, climate change mitigation and technology, clean energy access, green growth, REDD+, forestry, climate change adaptation, sustainable agriculture, health and disaster risk reduction.
• Experience working in the area of gender equality and multiple related themes that include climate change, sustainable development, economic growth, poverty, natural resource management, climate finance, climate change mitigation and technology, clean energy access, green growth, REDD+, forestry, climate change adaptation, sustainable agriculture, health and disaster risk reduction is desired.
• Experience working with the UN system, in particular with UNDP and its mandate is highly desired.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of other UN official languages is an asset.
Documents to be included when submitting the applications:
• Indicate which expert position(s) you are applying for. When doing so, please list one or more of the 8 expert positions indicated under the background section of this posting. Note, when filling out this portion, applicants can apply for multiple expert positions
• Statement explaining why they are the most suitable for the work (300 words maximum)
• Provide all-inclusive daily rate in US dollars. Remuneration for specific assignments will be established based on the competencies and skills of the consultant and nature of the task to be assigned.
• Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references
Financial proposal (Contract based on daily fee)
The financial proposal will specify the daily fee in US dollars. Payments are made to the Individual Consultant based on the number of days-worked, satisfactory performance and acceptance of the completed work by UNDP.
Evaluation of Applications
Method: Cumulative analysis
Technical Criteria weight: 70 points
Financial Criteria weight: 30 points
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 (70%) points on technical part will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
For more information visit this link