Deadline: 7 Feb 2013
Applications are invited by The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) from qualified and deserving candidates for the job/vacancy of WASH Officer, “special projects in severely arsenic affected areas”. The location of this assignment will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh with frequent travel to the field. Please note that this position is open for Bangladesh Nationals only. Duration of this assignment is 364 days with possibility of extension, depending on needs and availability of funds.
- Degree in civil/ sanitary/ environmental engineering or equivalent and substantial experience in water, sanitation and hygiene promotion.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in promoting safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene
- Experience of implementing and monitoring Arsenic Mitigation;
- Experience in rural piped water technologies development, implementation and monitoring;
- Experience in low cost water supply technologies, including arsenic-safe alternative and removal technologies; low cost sanitation and hygiene promotion;
- Experience on water quality issues, monitoring and water safety plans;
- Experience in working with local government agencies, international agencies, NGOs and private sector is an advantage;
- Experience in participatory assessment of water supply, sanitation and hygiene practices; and in promoting community based demand-responsive approaches;
- Experience in different hard to reach and hydro- geologically challenging areas;
- Proficiency in computing, especially word processing, spreadsheets, power points, AutoCAD and internet etc.; and
- Prior experience with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written Bengali and English
- Working in multicultural environment; and sensitiveness towards local/national political environment
- Awareness of and commitment to child rights and gender issues; and ability to mainstream them in programmatic activities
- UNICEF’s core competency areas such as: commitment, drive for results, embracing diversity, integrity, teamwork, analytical & conceptual thinking, building trust, networking, communication, technical knowledge, planning, setting standards and monitoring work
How to apply:
Applications with CV and a filled-in P-11 form should be sent to the Chief, Human Resources Section, UNICEF-Bangladesh, Hotel Ruposhi Bangla Annex, 1 Minto Road, Dhaka-1000 no later than 7 February 2013. Please mark on the envelope the post applied for.
For more info please visit this link.