Application Deadline : 28 Jan 2013
World Bank is looking for E T Consultant and requires applications from the qualified candidates for this post. Oral and written fluency in English and Croatian is essential. Location of the job is Zagreb, Croatia.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Contributes to the development of operational strategies, approaches and annual work plans and carries out responsibilities for a variety of operational tasks (e.g. participating as a full member of a multi-disciplinary team and undertaking straightforward assignments of project preparation, appraisal and supervision in the area of private sector development).
• Provides inputs to or prepares diverse operational products/outputs (e.g. sector and country briefings, background reports, case studies, portfolio performance reviews, etc.).
• Reviews and processes operational documents, coordinating across disciplines and project components with other team members.
• Participates in private sector development missions and contributes to discussions regarding advice to clients.
• Responds to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties.
• Delivers presentations and training to clients and Project partners.
• Works independently, seeking guidance on complex projects/issues from senior officers.
• Interacts with: counterparts in government and in a variety of international and other partner organizations, academia, etc; counterparts within and across operational units, CMUs, sectors; managers up to Director or equivalent at HQ and in the field.
Qualifications and Experience :
• The candidate should have an advanced degree in economics, accounting, business, finance, development, engineering or law.
• A minimum of five years of work experience and a strong theoretical base in the private sector development and financial sector development areas (business regulation, entrepreneurship and innovation, financial architecture and banking systems, investment climate).
• Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for Bank operational work.
• Capability to assess policy issues and interrelationships of sector, macroeconomic and country strategies.
• Understanding of development and developing country issues
• Excellent task and project management skills and the ability to successfully report to multiple managers.
• Oral and written fluency in English and Croatian.
For more information visit this link.