Deadline: 16 March 2016
The French government has announced a Social Fund for Development (SFD) Program 2016 for NGOs in Kenya. The SFD aims at contributing to poverty alleviation efforts and at meeting the direct needs of communities, as well as building the capacities of the local civil society.
- Contributing to social development
- Giving the beneficiaries a chance to be directly involved in the development process
- Focusing on education, informal settlements and gender is a priority. However, projects from other sectors and responding to specific needs are not excluded.
The maximum amount one can request is 4M KES and the duration of the project should not exceed 18 months.
- Applicants can be CBOs, NGOs or other independent non-profit organizations
- Applicants can be Kenyan or international
- Applicants must have organizational capacity and administrative efficiency
- Applicants must have an established record of achievements
- Small infrastructure projects for local development in key areas (classrooms building, community centres, technical training facilities, etc.)
- Capacity building projects (trainings, income generating activities, etc.)
How to Apply
Applicants must download and fill the application form and return it with the requested documents by email or post via given website.
For more information, Please visit Call for Proposal.