Deadline: 31 May 2016
The Administration for Children and Families is seeking applications for Family Violence Prevention and Services/ Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Institute on Intimate Partner Violence to expand and enhance the capacity of both domestic violence and LGBTQ-specific organizations to more effectively identify and respond to the unique needs of LGBTQ intimate partner violence victims.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Inform the development of LGBTQ-specific intimate partner violence prevention and intervention strategies including screening and on-going assessment that can be replicated in local domestic violence and LGBTQ programs;
- Develop technical assistance resources, including promising practices, guidelines, information on evidence-informed, trauma-informed, and culturally-relevant programming to support LGBTQ individuals, families, and communities impacted by domestic violence;
- Provide an array of training, expertise, problem-solving strategies, and other forms of technical assistance to federal, state, and local governments, tribes, tribal organizations, domestic violence service providers, community-based organizations, LGBTQ service providers, and other professionals and interested parties, related to intimate partner violence intervention and prevention services for LGBTQ victims and their children;
- Assess the needs of culturally-specific LGBTQ sub-populations and provide innovative, evidence-informed, and culturally-relevant approaches to serving these communities; and
- Expand partnerships and collaborations between domestic violence providers, LGBTQ-specific organizations, social service agencies, and public health organizations.
Funding Information: The estimated total program funding is $600,000.
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Small businesses
- Special district governments
- State governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- County governments
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Private institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- City or township governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit LGBTQ Institute on Intimate Partner Violence.