Deadline: 1 October 2014
The Secretariat of the African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds Agreement (AEWA) invites applications from national governmental or non-governmental agencies or international non-governmental agencies/organizations in the sector for the Small Grant Fund 2014 cycle. The major aim of the Fund is to promote the implementation of AEWA in developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
AEWA-related conservation activities will be supported
- Species and habitat conservation
- Training and awareness-raising for different target groups
- Survey and monitoring of species and sites
- Livelihood-related activities
The maximum grant award per project is USD20,000 and the maximum project duration is 24 months.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Applicants must be from one of the following African countries – Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda and Zimbabwe. In case of Chad, Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Libya, Niger, Senegal, Sudan, Tunisia eligibility is yet pending.
- Applicants can be any national governmental agency or any national or international non-governmental agency/organization involved with the conservation of migratory waterbirds and/or their habitats in the respective eligible country.
- Projects are not eligible for funding if a Small Grants Fund project from an earlier cycle is ongoing in the respective country.
- Projects in member countries are also not eligible for funding if the respective country is more than three years in arrears with its annual financial contributions to AEWA.
For more information, please visit AEWA Small Grants 2014
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.