Deadline: 30 June 2014
Interested candidates from around the globe are invited to submit applications for the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards. The BBVA Foundation promotes scientific research of excellence by funding research projects, disseminating the results to society through diverse channels including symposia, workshops, lectures, publications and exhibitions, and providing advanced training and research awards.
The major purpose of this award is to encourage world-class research and artistic creation, prizing contributions of broad impact for their originality and theoretical significance.
Focus Domain: Climate Change & Development Cooperation
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Scientific and Technological Research
- Contemporary Classical Music
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Climate Change
- Development Cooperation
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Economics, Finance and management
- Contemporary Music
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Candidates shall be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number in the case of convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the candidate(s) belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working.
- In categories Climate change and Development cooperation, entries are also open to agencies and organizations in the public or private sector (not-for-profit in the latter case) under the conditions stipulated in the preceding paragraph, providing their institutional or organizational purpose is to undertake activities relating to climate change or development cooperation.
- Awards may not be granted posthumously.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Winners of the Nobel Prize in any of its categories and past winners of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards shall likewise be entitled to nominate. The BBVA Foundation may also invite nominations from researchers and creative practitioners who have made outstanding contributions in their respective fields.
- The same institution may nominate more than one candidate without limitation of number, but no candidate may be nominated for more than one award category.
For more information, visit BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards page.