Deadline: 30 May 2016
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) is inviting applicants from United States for FY16 Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) Enhancement Program which is a one-time opportunity to expand and strengthen people-to-people relationships between the United States and Germany.
- Provide German youth participants in the CBYX High School and Young Professionals components with enhanced opportunities to learn about civil society and political life in the United States through the Workshop Component.
- Create a national U.S. CBYX alumni network that is self-sustaining, that encompasses participants from all CBYX components, and that is linked to counterpart organizations in Germany, for the purpose of continuing the goals of the CBYX program and to provide forums for continued collaboration between our two countries through the Alumni Component.
- Workshop: Provide program enhancement opportunities to German participants in CBYX academic year programs.
- Alumni: Support the development of a CBYX alumni association network and will strengthen ties between U.S. and German alumni of the program.
Funding Information: The approximate total funding available is $2,000,000
- Applications may be submitted by U.S. public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3)
- Bureau grant guidelines require that organizations with less than four years of experience in conducting international exchanges be limited to $130,000 in Bureau funding
- Technical Eligibility: Proposal must comply with the following or it will be declared technically ineligible and given no further consideration in the review process.
- For the Workshop Component: Prior experience managing J-visa program responsibilities for the secondary school category.
- For the Alumni Component: Prior experience organizing international exchange alumni activities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can contact for application package via given website.
For more information, please visit CBYX Enhancement Program.