Deadline: 30 April 2016
Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is seeking applications from Portuguese NGOs for Bilateral Cooperation Initiatives programme that intends to support activities aimed at enhancing relations between Portuguese NGOs and entities of the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) with a view to exchanging international experiences, sharing and transferring knowledge and good practices to strengthen the capacity and effectiveness of NGOs in the Portuguese civil society and also to assist promoters in the preparation of projects to be submitted to the Programme.
The bilateral cooperation initiatives are designed to facilitate and support the development of mutually beneficial partnerships and cooperation and its is a tool to improve and introduce innovation and best practices in projects submitted to areas of support.
- Bilateral cooperation initiatives are limited to a maximum grant of 3 500 euros per proposal, which can be supported at the maximum rate of 100% of the eligible costs.
- Bilateral cooperation initiatives are limited to a maximum grant of 5 500 euros per proposal, which can be supported at the maximum rate of 90% of the eligible costs.
- Each Promoter may receive support to a maximum of two bilateral cooperation initiatives under this call. Proposals under this call shall not be considered for the purpose of the limitation of applications to other types of projects to be supported by the Programme (i.e. referred to in paragraph 1 of Article 11 of the Rules of the Programme);
- Besides Portuguese NGOs, as defined in Article 7 of the Rules of the Programme, entities from Donor States are also eligible as promoters of bilateral cooperation initiatives when participating in events organised by the Fund Operator;
- At least one entity from Donor States, International or intergovernmental organisation relevant to achieving the cooperation objectives, must participate as partners in any initiative;
- Portuguese entities which are not NGOs in the meaning of article 7 of the Rules of the Programme may also participate in bilateral cooperation initiatives as eligible partners.
- Eligible activities can be short-term actions aiming at searching for project partners prior or during preparation of a project application, at developing such partnerships and at preparing applications for donor partnership projects,
- Eligible activities can be short-term actions such as the organization or participation in conferences, seminars, workshops and training courses aimed at networking, exchanging and transfer of knowledge, technology, experience and best practices between entities based in Portugal and entities in the Donor States, international and intergovernmental organisations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Bilateral Cooperation Initiatives.