Deadline: 15 October 2013
CIVICUS, the World Alliance for Citizen Participation – an international alliance of members and partners which constitutes an influential network of organisations at the local, national, regional and international levels, and spans the spectrum of civil society – has announced a call for expressions of interest to convene partners to conduct locally initiated multistakeholder dialogues in the framework of the New Social Contract project.
CIVICUS believes that many of the problems and challenges faced by societies around the world can be addressed through improved dialogue, exchange and co-construction amongst all actors. For this purpose, it has launched the action-based research project called, the New Social Contract.
The New Social Contract project seeks to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- stimulate the co-creation of new frameworks to reshape roles and responsibilities of public, private and civic sectors in a more aware and intentional way;
- share new patterns of civic engagement addressing common challenges that could ultimately pave the way to new social contracts.
CIVICUS is looking for potential partners to organise and oversee the conduction of locally initiated multi-stakeholders’ dialogues, following the methodological approach proposed by the New Social Contract project. More specifically, we are looking for:
- A relevant challenge (social, economic, environmental) existing in a given community, that – if properly tackled by a group of diverse stakeholders joining hands and bringing their added value to the table – could lead to a systemic change;
- A convening partner (or a small group of co-convenors) that is directly affected by this challenge, is able to articulate the potential impact of an inclusive dialogue and identify and engage relevant stakeholders.
CIVICUS is looking for civil society actors (NGOs, CBOs, CSOs, umbrella organisations and other relevant entities) across the world to get involved in this project. All ideas are welcome but CIVICUS is particularly interested in:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- gender issues,
- youth concerns,
- environmental challenges,
- concerns of marginalized communities, persons with disabilities and indigenous groups,
- inter-faith dialogue,
- community-driven projects,
- community development projects, and
- innovative local governance.
Each partner will receive a financial contribution of 4000 USD, which will support the costs for the dialogues’ preparatory activities, organisation, facilitation and documentation, as well as the reporting and conduction of interviews with involved stakeholders. The payment will be done in two instalments – 80% upon signing of a Partnerships Agreement and 20% upon submission of the technical and financial reports due.
Each interested applicant shall submit a written expression of interest by the 15th of October by filling out an online form. For more information, visit this link.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.