Deadline: 27 January 2012
Countries: Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The Prince Claus Fund and the Commonwealth Foundation are calling for high quality, multidisciplinary and innovative project proposals from cultural and civil society organisations dealing with the issue of culture and conflict, within the framework of its Culture and Conflict Programme.
Objectives of Grants Programme
- To support the use of culture in areas of conflict and post conflict as a way of engaging with communities to build peace and reconciliation
- To build the capacity of cultural practitioners and civil society organisations as they work with people to address issues of conflict and reconciliation
- To support dialogue and interaction on issues of conflict and reconciliation, encouraging individuals to communicate with and learn from one another
- To gather an evidence base of the positive role culture can play in conflict and postconflict societies to influence future policy decisions
- To contribute to the promotion of alternative development models for conflict transformation initiatives
Grants will be awarded to civil society organisations in Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Organisations should submit a proposal for the development and delivery of activities that use culture as a way of engaging with local communities. Projects should also include a tangible output that captures the experiences of the participants and highlights the impact of the project.
Deadline: 27 January 2012, 17:00 (GMT)
For more information, visit this link.