Deadline: 10 June 2016
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), agency of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from eligible entities for Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) Discretionary Grant Program to enhance and expand the organizational capacity of FVPSA funded local domestic and dating violence programs, FVPSA State Administrators, and State Domestic Violence Coalitions that support these programs.
- Grantee will be expected to provide national scope technical assistance to help build the capacity of grantees to maintain organizations that are healthy, sound, and sustainable in order to better serve survivors of family, domestic and dating violence and their dependents.
- The grantee will provide training and technical assistance on FVPSA-related statutory programmatic requirements (e.g., voluntary services and confidentiality and how they apply to states and territories, coalitions, and local programs).
- The grantee will also be required to provide training and technical assistance on organizational management and infrastructure development.
- Membership and Board Governance: bylaws, board structure and recruitment, legal and fiduciary responsibilities, board committees, and conflicts of interest;
- Financial Management: including grants management; Human Resources – policies and personnel management;
- Chief Executive Succession Planning & Strategic Planning: vision and programming;
- Building Partnerships: including with culturally-specific organizations.
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit FVPSA Discretionary Grant Program.