Deadline: 1 November 2015 and 1 February 2016
Education for Nature (EFN) has launched a special grant opportunity with the funding support of The UPS Foundation for supporting communities in regaining ecological integrity and enhancing human wellbeing in deforested or degraded forest landscapes through forest restoration.
EFN is looking for organizations that will use this workshop opportunity to connect corridors, create buffer zones, improve degraded lands, restore watersheds, and expand forest cover while also allowing local stakeholders to connect with nature and become a vested part of a larger conservation program.
Local organizations from the following WWF-US priority ecoregions are eligible to apply.
- Amazon and Tropical Andes (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname)
- Borneo and Sumatra (Indonesia)
- Coastal East Africa (Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania)
- Congo Basin (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Dem. Republic of Congo, Gabon, Republic of Congo)
- Eastern Himalayas (Bhutan, Nepal)
- Greater Mekong (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam)
- Mesoamerican Reef (Belize, Guatemala, Honduras)
For more information, visit Reforestation Grants.