The criteria to select the project proposals under the Small-Scale Initiatives Program (SSIP) are:
- “Country and recipient eligibility ;
- Themes and activities eligibility according to paragraph 2 “Program objectives”;
- The recipient’s background on the topics and in the geographical area concerned by the project;
- Contribution to local economic and social development ;
- Co-financing of the project ;
- Cultural and social acceptance of the project such as local populations involvement and local authorities agreement ;
- Integration into environmental national policies ; original and imaginative activities in comparison to the actual policy ;
- Technical feasibility of the project, demonstrated socio-economic feasibility ;
- Project Innovation and reproducibility;
- An organisational and institutional framework ensuring a good project implementation and the sustainability of actions implemented at project’s end.”
NGOs, professional bodies, women and youth groups or associations and also private companies (committed to protect biodiversity) and INGOs with local partnerships can apply for this funding. The maximum grants available for each project is 50,000 Euros.
The next deadline to submit the proposals is 15 September 2010. For more information, visit this link.