Deadline: 15 September 2015
The GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme is currently accepting applications for its Innovation in Global Security prize in order to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges. This is an international competition, and applications are accepted from anywhere in the world. Applications are welcome from either individuals or groups, from both the public and private sectors.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this be in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organisation.
Prizes & Benefits
- The prize consists of a cash award of CHF 10’000.
- The prize will be awarded to the winner at a Gala Dinner ceremony in Geneva.
- In addition to the prize, all travel to, and attendance at the Gala Dinner, will be paid by the GCSP.
- Travel includes, where applicable, standard or economy-class round-trip air travel to Geneva from the nearest international airport, and overnight accommodation.
Eligibility Criteria & Guidelines
- Submissions may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas.
- The prize is awarded for a project or body of work by any individual, or group of individuals, or organisation, (from private or public sectors) which contributes to global security.
- Proposals can be wide-ranging in scope but should include a description of the contribution with a focus on how it is novel, and on its significance to sustainable global security.
- The 1st GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security will be presented at an award ceremony in November 2015.
- No more than one submission per applicant is allowed.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing Sustainable Global Security.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted via email.
- A well-developed proposal is required and must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The submission should include a short abstract, a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field.
For more information, please visit Innovation award.