The Council on State Support to NGOs under the Auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan has issued a call to provide funding to international NGOs in Europe and USA. The aim of this grants program is to establish a strong cooperation between the NGO Council and European and US based civil society organizations by advancing initiatives in their respective countries in different fields including strengthening peace and global security, combating xenophobia and racism and supporting citizen’s activism.
NGO Council will provide funding to support activities (including advocacy campaigns) falling under the below-given topics:
- Protections of fundamental human rights and freedoms
- Combating against xenophobia, racism and islamophobia
- Fostering peace and security and alleviation of negative consequences of regional conflicts (in the aspect of Azerbaijan-Armenian, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict)
- Strengthening of intercultural dialogue as a base for successful partnership among the countries and civil society actors
- Raising awareness of European and USA communities about Khojaly (26.02.1992) genocide as a tool for prevention globally similar tragedies in future
NGO Council plans to allocate funds for projects with duration up to 12 months. The allocated amount for any single granted project will not exceed AZN 100 000 (one hundred thousand) .
Eligible countries include: Eligible Countries
- Czech Republic
- Russian Federation
- 12. The Great Britain
- 13. Turkey
- 14. Ukraine
The deadline for submission a concept paper is July 01, 2013 (5p.m UTC +04.00 Baku time). For more information, visit this link.