Deadline: 1 September 2015
The Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH) Initiative creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential. By giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency.
The mission of the JWH Initiative is thus to provide an accessible and tailored small grant for education and training of individuals who are nominated by their organisation as potential future leaders.
Young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership.
The candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in:
- fully embracing the idea of sustainable development;
- a strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues;
- showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work, such as being inspirational and a
- support to others, working with communities, being innovative and creative;
committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues in their country/region.
- The candidate should be willing and have the potential to report on the development of their leadership capacities.
The following categories of grants are available per round:
- 10x 2.500 Euro
- 4x 5.000 Euro
- 2x 7.000 Euro
Self-nominations are not accepted.
For more information, visit this link.