The International Labour Organization’s (ILO) Youth Employment Network (YEN) and Making Cents International have partnered to launch the Project Impact! competition to draw out the lessons learned that youth employment practitioners have experienced in the field. The result of the competition will be a series of Smart Notes published on the YEN Marketplace website.
A Smart Note is a short publication summarizing a successful project or approach and explaining why it was so successful. The winners of the Project Impact! competition will be asked to produce a Smart Note based on their entry to be published by YEN and our partners.
How Does the Competition Work?
- Entries are submitted under a chosen theme for the competition
- YEN screens the entries to ensure that only qualifying entries are posted on the Marketplace
- Marketplace members can discuss the projects and vote on their favourites
- The judges panel scores the entries and makes their final decision
- YEN and its partners verify the claims of winning organisations, which may include site visits or reference checks
- The winning applicants are informed and the final Smart Notes are submitted
- The winning Smart Notes are published and the awards are presented
What topics can the Smart Note cover?
The competition entry should highlight a specific approach that has had significant impact on the labour outcomes of young people. Applications must fit into one of the following categories:
- Workforce Development
- Adolescent Girls and Young Women
- Youth-Inclusive Financial Services and Financial Capabilities
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Impact Assessment
- Youth Enterprise Development
The cross-cutting theme for the competition is rural youth and increasing opportunities in rural areas. This focus is closely aligned to the theme of the 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference. Young people are discovering new ways of participating in rural markets, from employing technology to enhance agricultural productivity to applying their service skills in the tourism sector.
The deadline to enter is June 14, 2013 at 23:59 GMT. For more information, visit this link.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.