Only projects planned and faithfully implemented to solve the current water and sanitation problems by grass-roots organizations in developing countries will be considered.
- These projects include for example:
- Installation of rainwater-harvesting tanks, ponds or digging wells;
- Development of small scale water supply systems;
- Building new toilets and upgrading existing sanitation facilities;
- Prevention of water-related disasters projects;
- Establishment and encouragement of water-efficient irrigation;
- Solving gender issues on water and sanitation;
- Water environment restoration activities.
Any grassroots organizations in developing countries involved in resolution of water and sanitation problems. National governments, Local governments and private companies will not be selected can apply for this opportunity.
The JWF Fund recommends that your proposed project includes capacity building/awareness-raising programs but it should not be only that. All projects need to be implemented by end of March 2013.
Proposals to be submitted using the given application form. The deadline to submit proposals is 25 July 2012. For more information, visit this link.