Deadline: 9 September 2015
Do you have a development story in original? Is your story inquisitive and engaging? Does it combine critical thinking and an exploration of new technology developments?
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
If yes, then pitch your story by applying to Journalism Grants!
The European Journalism Centre (EJC) is currently accepting applications from innovative journalists/media outlets for its fifth round of the Innovation in Development Reporting (IDR) Grant Programme (Journalism Grants). The grant project is supported by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Innovative reporting projects will be awarded considerable funding, with an aim to support journalists, editors, and development stakeholders to perform thorough research and to develop new, exciting, and even experimental reporting, employing state of the art presentation methods and techniques of journalistic storytelling.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must apply for a minimum grant of €8,000. The average grant given is €15,000-€20,000. A maximum of 25 to 30 grants will be made available per year.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Journalists and relevant media outlets that target audiences in one or more of the mentioned nine European countries are eligible to apply.
- Journalists and media outlets not based in the countries mentioned above, as well as freelancers, are only eligible to apply as cooperation partners of admissible organisations.
- State owned or directly government-controlled entities are not eligible for funding.
- Projects are required to address by theme, style, and presentation the general public, or large audience segments, or must effectively leverage important multipliers.
- A relevant media outlet is considered to be one of the following: A public or commercial broadcaster with at least broad regional reach; a mainstream print magazine or newspaper with distribution at least in a region or major city with over 500,000 inhabitants; a print trade publication or specialist magazine of particular influence as a multiplier; a website of significant reach and audience, an electronic format such as a mobile application – or contribution to an existing app – with demonstrable potential to reach a large audience.
How to Apply?
- Interested journalists can pitch their innovative development reporting ideas in time and can submit applications via the online application form.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a complete proposal and provide any necessary supporting documents.
- The grant winners will be announced mid to end May 2016.
For more information, please visit Call for Applications
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.