Deadline: 30 September 2014
The Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF) invites grant applications for Peace Projects, the grant program that supports NGO projects promoting peaceful coexistence through dialogue and reconciliation; fostering pluralism, good governance, freedom of belief; advancing social and economic development and environmental responsibility; upholding respect for human rights, and gender equality and empowerment and other broad range of disciplines.
The JWF is a non-governmental organization that promotes peaceful coexistence through dialogue and understanding at global, regional and local levels.
- Project Grants of maximum US$50,000 to implement the project.
- Best Implementation Cash Awards:
- US$30,000 – First Place Award
- US$20,000 – Second Place Award
- US$10,000 – Third Place Award
Project Topics (may be but not limited to)
- Inter-communal and inter-state dialogue/cooperation
- Peace education
- Pluralism and multiculturalism
- Youth, conflict and peacebuilding
- Early warning and conflict prevention
- Mediation and negotiation
- Post-conflict reconciliation
- Disarmament, demobilization and reintegration
- Good governance, rule of law and transitional justice
- Poverty, development and peacebuilding
- Gender and peacebuilding
- Religion and peacebuilding
- Role of media in conflict and peacebuilding
- Social-psychological impacts of violent conflict and trauma healing
- Development and peacebuilding
- Social media and peacebuilding
- Applicants must be not-for-profit organization anywhere in the world.
- At least one member of the applicant team must be more than 18 years of age.
- Proposals can’t be made for supporting or advancing already existing projects. However applications can be made for upgrading projects to new stage, or to use the previous implementations as a model in different areas.
For more information, please visit Peace Projects.