As climate change issues have occupied the global stage, many large and small donor agencies have now started increasingly focused upon providing grants for environmental conservation and promotion. There are several funding opportunities for NGOs working in the area of environment, conservation and climate change. Many of these funding opportunities have a strong focus on innovation i.e. if you have an innovative project that not only addresses issues related to environment and climate change, but also involves socio-economic development of communities in the same context.
We have compiled a list of open grant opportunities below that are available to organizations globally including for those based in developing countries. Click on the links below to know more:
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Cash Prizes from £20,000 to £40,000 at the Ashden International Awards 2013
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s International Climate Protection Fellowships
- IPCC Scholarship Programme on Climate Change
- Vavilov-Frankel Fellowship at Biodiversity International
- Conservation Leadership Programme: Awards of up to $15,000
- UNEP Climate Finance Innovation Facility: Grants for Financial Institutions in Developing Countries
- Global South-South Development Expo 2012: Showcase Your Project
- St. Andrews Prize offers $100,000 for environmental conservation
- REEEP Funding for Renewable Energy Projects in Developing Countries