Deadline: 6 November 2015
Netherlands Organisation for the Scientific Research (NWO) is currently inviting applications for the research programme on Security & Rule of Law in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings. The program is a part of Applied Research Fund that aims to strengthen the evidence-base of policies and practices for Security & Rule of Law approaches in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Call focuses on innovative research proposals that result in applicable insights for practitioners.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The role of politics in the provision of security and rule of law; international aims, ways of working and tools for action; deeper drivers of insecurity and injustice.
- Preferably, projects must pay special attention to the political and economic role of women in peace and reconstruction processes.
Each project should contribute to two objectives:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- (Develop tools that) provide new evidence-based insights in the underlying assumptions, feasibility and/or impact of (local, national or international) policies on, or approaches for, Security & Rule of Law in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings (FCAS);
- Unlock the generated knowledge for practitioner organisations involved in policy and practice of Security & Rule of Law in FCAS, in such a way that they can easily apply them for (re-)designing relevant (conflict-sensitive) and effective security & rule of law reform programmes in those FCAS.
Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Egypt, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Yemen.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Funds Available & Duration
- A maximum budget of 3,000,000 euros is available for this call.
- The maximum budget for a single research project is 100,000 euros for a project duration of six months.
- A single project can run between three and six months.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Applicants can be researchers either local, national or international organisations working in the field of Security & Rule of Law policy and practice in FCAS.
- A research project must be carried out by researchers from various disciplines and backgrounds and is directed by a consortium.
- The consortium must consist of at least one research organisation and one practitioner organisation.
- The practioner organisation must be involved in the design and/or implementation of policies for security and rule of law reform programmes in mentioned low and middle income (LMI) countries and regions.
- A senior researcher employed by the participating research organisation acts as the main applicant.
Project applications can be submitted electronically via the website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.