Deadline: 13 July 2015
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) is accepting call for proposals for enhancing disability rights in Namibia and Swaziland in order to support and build the capacity of the disability communities in Namibia and Swaziland to know, demand and defend their rights, in addition to supporting reforms and the development of laws and policies that reflect the needs and aspirations of people living with disabilities.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
OSISA’s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
Size of Grants
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The size of the grant is up to $25,000 depending on the objectives, scope and reach of the proposed activities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Strengthen the voice of disability movements in general and in the process address specific issues such as inclusive education, access to justice, participation in national processes on an equal basis with others, and the right to legal capacity.
- Identify disability based discrimination including laws that discriminate and marginalise people with disabilities for purposes of reforms or development of other laws.
- Raise awareness about disability rights and the identification of cases of discrimination based disability.
- Monitor state implementation and reporting on disability rights.
- Coalitions, networks and umbrella organizations, membership or constituency-based organizations, or consortia of non-government organizations working together in Swaziland and/or Namibia are eligible to submit their proposals.
- Organizations working to promote disability rights in general or the rights of specific constituencies more broadly are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit OSISA.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.