Deadline: 15 July 2014
The Ramsar Convention Secretariat is accepting nominations from around the globe for Ramsar Wetland Conservation Awards of US$10,000. The Ramsar Wetland Conservation Awards were established in 1996 to recognize and honour the achievements of individuals, organizations and governments around the world for the conservation and wise use of wetlands.
The award aims to provide the framework for national action and international cooperation for the conservation and wise use of wetlands and their resources.
- The Ramsar Convention Award for Wetland Wise Use
- The Ramsar Convention Award for Wetland Innovation
- The Ramsar Convention Award for Young Wetland Champions
- The form must be accompanied by a document of up to 2,500 words, providing the necessary background, explaining how the nomination corresponds to the objectives and criteria of the Award, and providing an assessment of the results achieved.
- Nominations must be accompanied by letters of recommendation from two independent individuals (not including the nominator) who are not related to the nominee, and do not work in the same organization, who can assess the nominee’s contributions and can be contacted by the evaluation panel.
- The nomination will be assessed on the basis of the nomination form, the additional information provided and the letters of reference.
- Nominations must be accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph of the nominee (person or team) in electronic form (minimum size of 1920×1080 pixels) with photo credits and permission for use by the Ramsar Secretariat at its discretion, including when announcing the Ramsar Award winners.
- All winners must be ready to provide at least 20 high-resolution images illustrating their activities and achievements, with captions, photo credits and permission for use by the Ramsar Secretariat at its discretion and by DANONE-Evian for Award publicity material in different media.
- Limited additional information such as images, short videos or links to web resources may also be provided, preferably in electronic form, to illustrate the nomination.
- Individuals and groups of all nations are invited to nominate individuals, institutions (including government institutions and non-governmental organizations and community groups), or private companies, of any nation.
- Nominees must be alive at the time of nomination. Awards will not be given posthumously.
- Self-nominations is not be accepted.
- Nominations of current members of the Ramsar Standing Committee, members and invited experts of Ramsar’s Scientific and Technical Review Panel, and Ramsar Secretariat staff members will not be accepted.
- The nomination form for the Ramsar Wetland Convention Awards can be downloaded from the Ramsar Web site
- Nominations must be submitted to the Ramsar Convention Secretariat in English, French or Spanish, using the Ramsar Award form.
For more information, visit The Ramsar Wetland Conservation Awards page.